If I had to summarise this prawn pasta recipe into one word it would simply be “delicious“. All the flavours come together just perfectly. Spices, Garlic and a creamy texture, yummy. And believe it or not but it’s super easy and quick to make.
Prawn Pasta Recipe – Tips & Tricks
This recipe is super easy so you won’t need many tips & tricks, here are the most important ones
- Don’t overcook the prawns, prawns are done fairly quickly and we can be tempted to cook them for longer because we are not sure if they are done or not. Prawns don’t need more than 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until they are pink.
- Use the same frying pan and don’t wash it between the different processes, it will transfer the flavour between all ingredient.
Which Pasta works best?
This recipe works well with any type of pasta, personally I prefer it with Penne or Fusilli as they grab extra flavour with their contours. However, I have made this with spaghetti. Because I didn’t have either Fusilli or Penne at home and it worked out great.
Prawns or Shrimps?
When it comes to cooking prawns and shrimps are almost the same. In my region shrimps are pretty small and when cooked, they become even smaller. So you need to use a larger amount when cooking with shrimps.
Prawn Pasta with Spicy Garlic Cream Sauce
- 3 Cups Penne Pasta
- 1 ⅔ Cups King Prawns
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 ½ tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ⅔ Cup Parmesan
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Prepare your pasta, in a pot of boiling water and salt cook your penne pasta until al dente approx 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside covered until the sauce is ready. I add a little butter and turn them so they don't stick together.
- Place the onion back in the saucepan, brown a little and add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Whisk until lightly brown, add in the prawns and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the prawns to the pasta and fold together and your Prawn Pasta with Spicy Garlic Cream Sauce is ready.