This peach dump cake recipe is quick, tasty, and very simple to make. It’s a favourite for my whole family and can be enjoyed in all seasons, whether it is summer or winter, there is no bad time for this cake. It can be made of fresh or canned peaches and. This recipe is just mouth watering! This peach dump cake does not need any frosting as the peaches make it very moist and juicy. However, if you do want to add topping, try custard or cream it. This recipe is also perfect when you are in a hurry and need a quick delight for your sweet tooth. Peach cobbler dump cake reminds you of a cobbler of sorts and can be devoured with vanilla ice cream topping.
How to make peach cobbler dump cake?
As the name implies, this cake is as simple as dumping the cake batter on the peaches and bake. While my cake batter recipe is super easy, you can make it even easier by using ready cake mix.
You can also make this “peach” dump cake can in other variations such as blackberry, blueberry, cherry, and apple dump cakes! For making these variations simply replace the peaches with any other fruit or berry and dump the cake batter over it, and bake.
Can you use Canned Peaches in a Peach Dump Cake Recipe?
Yes! Canned peaches can be used to make this delicious peach cake. However, here are some added guidelines that will ensure your peach cobbler turns out just as tasty.
- Drain the canned peaches well before using them, run them through a sieve and let them rest for a few minutes.
- If the canned peaches are sweetened, use around 10% less sugar to avoid over sweetening the recipe.
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees that’s around 175 degrees Celsius.
- Now grease your baking dish, I use two ceramic 9 x 3 baking dishes. You can also use a round 8inch pan or a springform.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In a large-size bowl, beat the egg and sugar with an electric beater at medium or low speed until it turns light and fluffy.
- While continuing beating the eggs slowly, add the softened butter, milk, and vanilla essence. Add the milk last and gradually as you might not need it all (or more)
- Now add the flour in the bowl and continue to beat with the electric beater until they are combined evenly, and the batter turns thick.
- There are two ways you can add the peaches, either make a bed of peaches and dumb the batter over it. Or fold the peaches in to the batter and then dump it in to the baking dish or Bundt pan. Both taste great.
- Sprinkle this with cinnamon sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake the yummy peach cake for 30 to 40 minutes or until it turns light golden.
- Serve this with vanilla ice cream or custard for added flavour. Enjoy!
- ¾ Cup of Butter (The butter should be softened and divided)
- ½ Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 cups of sliced and Peeled Fresh Peaches/ 2 cups of Packed Tinned Peaches
- ¾ Cup of Regular Sugar
- 1 Large Size Egg (Room Temperature)
- One pinch salt
- Two teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, which is around 325 grams
- ½ cup of Milk (add gradually)
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- A pinch of Nutmeg
How many calories are there in Peach Crumble Cake?
One serving of peach dump cake has around 278 kcal, this is not including any added cream, custard or ice cream.
What is the nutritional value of Peach Crumble Cake?
The nutritional value of one serving of the peach crumble cake is as follows:
- Carbohydrate: 50 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Potassium: 24 mg
- Fibre: 2 g
- Sugar: 19 g
- Calcium: 57 mg
- Iron: 2.1 mg
- Vitamin A: 425 IU
- Vitamin C: 3.2 mg
Tips & Tricks
It is recommended that you cut the butter by placing it into the freezer for half an hour and then grating it. Once grated, then stir this with a fork. The crumbed mixture is ready!
How to make Peach Dump Cake in a Pot?
Yes, this mouth-watering dessert can be made in a crockpot as well. There are no intricate patterns to follow. You will need to put the uncooked peach cake in the preheated and greased cast pot. Cover and bake in the crock pot at medium / low heat for about one hour until the cake turns golden brown.
How to store Peach cake?
Peach dump cake can be easily stored overnight in your room, but it needs to be thoroughly covered. If you want to store it for more than a night, then you should refrigerate it in an airtight container. This delicious peach cake can last in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days. Moreover, this cake can also be frozen, but you will need to make sure that it is entirely cooled before covering it clingfilm or plastic wrap. You can also use an airtight container that is freezer safe. It can last for around 3 to 4 months.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar?
Cinnamon sugar can be easily made at home by mixing ¼ cup granulated sugar with two to three teaspoons of finely grounded cinnamon. Viola cinnamon sugar is ready for use! This amazingly smelling cinnamon sugar can be stored in an airtight jar. This jar should be stored in a cool and dry place.
Now you have all the information you need for making this delicious peach dump cake. So what are you waiting for? Let’s go and bake!
Peach Dump Cake Recipe (Easy Peach Cobbler)
- ¾ cups Butter Softened and Divided
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Peeled Peaches Fresh or Tinned
- ¾ cup Crystal Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tsp Backing Powder
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees that are 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and flour an 8-inch baking pan or cake form.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with a whisk. In a large-size bowl, beat the egg and sugar with an electric beater at medium or low speed until it turns light. While continuing beating the eggs slowly, add the softened butter, milk, and vanilla essence.
- Now add the flour in the bowl and continue to beat with the electric beater until they combine evenly, and the batter turns thick.
- You can either spread the peaches in the pan and then cover them with cake batter or fold the sliced peach pieces in to the batter. Spoon this into the prepared Bundt pan. Sprinkle this with cinnamon powder sugar and let it bake!
- Bake the yummy peach cake for 30 to 40 minutes or until it turns light golden. Serve this with vanilla ice cream for added flavour. Enjoy!