The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is quite a strong claim, but hear me out. In my quest for the best cookie, I have tried and tested an unbelievable amount of Chocolate Chip cookie recipes. One day, I decided it was time to implement all my favourite flavours and textures in what I consider to be the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie out there and this is my result.
How I got the Flavour
The flavour of my Chocolate chip cookie comes from two very important parts, the sugar and Butter. Opposed to brown sugar plain white sugar in itself is only sweet and doesn’t have its own flavour, sugar flavour varies from strong Muscovado to light flavoured Turbinado Sugar. I have found that the best flavour for a cookie is a mix of three types of sugar. Light Brown, White and Muscovado. The white sugar caramelized during the baking process and makes the cookies crisp on the outside while the Brown Sugar and Muscovado add flavour and make the centre of the cookie gradually chewier. Three sugar types are the perfect combination for your Chocolate chip cookie.
And another important part for my recipe is the butter. Before I bake any type of cookie I lightly brown the butter for my recipe. This gives the cookie an amazing roasted nutty after taste that keeps the flavour going and going
My favourite type of cookie texture is crispy outside and chewy inside. This happens because of the way sugar caramelized during the baking process, using the correct combination of White and Brown sugars with the right backing temperature will give you the best result.
Baking Amazing Cookies
Cookies are little pieces of heaven, if you want to make this Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, take your time don’t rush and enjoy the process. Slowly cook the butter to get a nice amber colour and sift it before you set it aside to cool. Watch your oven temperature, cookies are soft even when they are done so don’t think that your cookies are not ready because they are soft in the oven. They will toughen up when they cool.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Muscovado Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅔ cup Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Couverture Chocolate
- Prepare your ingredients, specifically the butter needs to be cooked to an amber colour. Careful, don't burn it so keep your attention on the cooking butter and occasionally stir. When the butter has reached the right colour and flavour, sift it and set aside to cool. It needs to be warm and liquid so don't cool in the fridge.
- Combine the three sugars in a large mixing bowl and then add in the butter. Mix until well combined and smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla until well combined, then sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and fold until combined. Don't over mix it should just be well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chunks and set in the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes. Preheat your oven at 170C or 340F.
- Next, we will form the cookie dough balls which will then melt into our amazing chocolate chip cookies. Use an ice-cream scoop to get even amounts of dough and place a scoop full of cookie dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Make sure you have adequate distance between each cookie (at least 4cm) and the edge of the baking tray as they will melt into a disc shape in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes don't over bake cookies are soft in the oven as long as the sugar is hot. Set on a cooling rack (if you can resist) until cool enough to eat. Enjoy with a glass of Milk