The first step is to prepare the meat cuts. We want to remove any excess fat, tendons and well as cartlidge as we don't want any chewy bits in our sausage. Take your time with this, good quality sausage depends on the preperation and how much time you spend on your ingredients.
Ensure you work in a cool environment, you can also put your meat grinder in to the fridge for a couple of hours before grinding. This is important and will make the difference between mashed and ground meat. This is even more important when we grind the fat as it can easily melt.Grind 70% of your meat using a coarse grind and the remaining 30% at a fine grind. This will give your sausage moisture and a nice even texture.
Combine all your spices in a bowl and add a small amount of water, we want to add just enough to create a thin paste. This will dissolve the spices and integrate them better in to the minced meat. Add the paste in to your meat and using your hands massage and fold the meat until you have an even colour.
Soak your sausage casing for a good 20-30 minutes before you start sausage stuffing. Check your sausage stuffing for holes, you can blow a bit of air in to it which will make the whole process easier. Find the hole on one side of the sausage casing and wrap it over the sausage filling machine.Wrap as much as you can up and make a knot at the end.Start filling the sausage, using your right hand massage the sausage to spread the filling evenly. Don't over stuff the sausage, you want it to be firm but not tough.
Course: Main Course, Snack
Keyword: baking tutorial, guided recipe, home made sausage, hungarian, kolbasz, make sausaged at home, master chef, recipe, Sausage